Established in 1925 as the University of Bari, the University of Bari Aldo Moro (Uniba) is an educational institution supported by government that having 12 faculties, including a wide range of departments such as art sciences, mathematics, social sciences, literature, medicine, law, political sciences, etc.
This is one of the most prestigious universities in Southern Italy, with around 60,000 enrolled students obtaining education every year. In this context, University of Bari Aldo Moro is one of the largest universities of Italy. The University was founded in 1925, UNIBA is named after the Italian statesman Aldo Moro (1916-1978), who studied here until 1939.
University of Bari Aldo Moro (Uniba) offers various programs for students searching for undergraduate and graduate degrees. In addition to graduate and undergraduate education, doctoral students are also provided with numerous opportunities. One of the most important out of these opportunities is the support for students conducting scientific research.
University of Bari Aldo Moro owns number of research centers and the main purpose of it is to bring students to the highest levels. Simultaneously, the research centers of all other departments operate in harmony with each other and students have the opportunity to improve themselves in various fields.
Where is University of Bari Aldo Moro located?
The University of Bari Aldo Moro, in Italian as Università degli Studi di Bari Aldo Moro, is a higher education institution situated in Bari, in the Apulia region of Southern Italy. Bari is located alongside the Adriatic Sea in Italy and is the capital of the Apulia region. It is second the most important economic center of Southern Italy following Naples.
Compared to other Italian Cities in the southern region, Bari has a slightly higher cost of living, but compared to other northern cities, it can be considered as a more affordable place to live.
There are additionally 6 educational centers belonging to Uniba. These centers are located in cities of Acquaviva delle Fonti, Brindisi, Lecce, Taranto, Tricase and Valenzano.
You can also take a look at our article about “Cities to Visit in Italy“.
World Rankings of The University of Bari Aldo Moro
The University of Bari Aldo Moro is ranked 405th in the world according to CWUR’s ranking of 2020 to 2021. It is among the top 500 Universities of the world in accordance with THE Times Higher Education data of 2021, which is another criterion by which educational institutions are ranked worldwide.
Student Life at the University of Bari Aldo Moro
Bari is one of the most famous port cities of Italy. It is also known as the city of Saint Nicholas and is an important attraction point for students as it is a student city.
Every year, a lot of students from all over the world come to this city to study and based on this, the city takes on a metropolitan identity and students have the opportunity to observe different cultures.
Students visiting Bari realize that the city is not only historically rich, but also is the perfect place for student entertainment. To the north of the city, Basilica of Saint Nicholas that located between the two modern harbors, the Cathedral of San Sabino (1035-1171) and the Swabian Castle built for Frederick II are the places for nightlife. On the south side of the city is the Murat Quarter, founded by Joachim Murat, is famous for its seafront and being main shopping area.
Students choosing to study in this city can visit the historical buildings located in different parts of the city at any time and enjoy their meal and drink with their friends at the same time.
Departments of the University of Bari Aldo Moro
The University of Bari Aldo Moro has a wide range of options examined in terms of both undergraduate and graduate programs. All students who are willing to study in Bari are able to choose a suitable department from the department list of this university.
- Veterinary Medicine
- Agricultural and Environmental Science
- Pharmacy – Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Biosciences, Biotechnologies and Biopharmaceutics
- Philosophy, Literature, History and Social Science – DISUM
- Business and Law Studies
- Political Sciences
- Earth and Geo-environmental Sciences
- School of Medicine: Emergency and Organ Transplants
- Economics and Mathematical Methods
- School of Medicine: Interdisciplinary of Medicine
- Education Science, Psychology, Communication Science
- School of Medicine: Biomedical Sciences and Human Oncology
- Information Technology
- School of Medicine: Basic Medical Sciences, Neuroscience and Sense Organs
- Ionic Department in Legal and Economic System of Mediterranean: Society, Environment, Culture
- Ancient and Late Antique Studies – DISUM
- Soil Sciences, of Plants and Food
- Letters, Language, Arts. Italian Studies and Comparative Cultures
- Biotechnologies for the Quality and The Healthiness of Nutrition
- Business Professional Consulting
- Cellular and Molecular Biology
- Chemical Sciences
- Clinical Psychology
- Computer Science
- Design and Management of Tourism and Cultural Systems
- Design of the Politics of Social Inclusion
- Economics and Management
- Economics and Strategies for International Markets
- Economics and Trade
- Economics of Financial Markets and Institutions
- Editorial Public and Social Information Studies
- Education and Management of Human Resources
- Environmental Biology
- Geological and Geophysical Sciences
- Health Professions of Prevention Sciences
- Historical and Documental Sciences
- History of Art
- Industrial and Environmental Biotechnolgy
- International Relations
- Material’s Science and Technologies
- Medical Biotechnology and Molecular Medicine
- Modern Languages and Literature
- Modern Philology
- Natural Sciences
- Nursing and Midwifery Sciences
- Nutritional Sciences
- Pedagogical Sciences
- Performing Arts in Italian
- Philology, Literature and History of Antiquity
- Philosophical Science
- Plant Medicine
- Sanitary Biology
- Science of Administration
- Sciences and Techniques of Sport
- Specialised Translation
- Statistics and Methods for Economics and Finance
- Sustainable Management of the Mediterranean Countryside
Programs taught in English
- Languages and Literatures
- Modern Languages for Communication and Didactic Purposes
- Economics, Management and Quantitative Methods (EMbeDS program)
- Computer Science
- Political Science, Communication and International Relations
Tuition Fees and Scholarship Opportunities of The University of Bari Aldo Moro
The tuition fees for students wishing to enroll at Uniba vary depending on the economic situation of their families same as in other Italian universities. The maximum contribution for the education year of 2019/2020 is set at 1912,00 euros.
Simultaneously, the amount of scholarships students granted by the Italian government ranges from 2000 to 5200 euros per year.
Accommodation and Dormitory Facilities at The University of Bari Aldo Moro
Only students other than Italian citizens can apply for student residences at the University of Bari Aldo Moro. The residences include single, double and triple rooms as well as common rooms for study or relaxation. Washing machine, bed linen are also available additionally Internet connection can be requested.
If you do not want to reside in dormitory and prefer other forms of settlement or you have a difficulty staying in the dormitories, it is possible to evaluate different accommodation options contracted by the university as private apartments, hostels, etc. Accommodation fees and procedures are announced in depth every year.
You can also check our article about “Accommodation in Italy“.
What are the Application and Admission Requirements at The University of Bari Aldo Moro
Undergraduate degree program requirements
- Completion of the 12 years of education
- Having exceeded the minimum score in the university entrance exam
- B2 level language proficiency on IELTS or TOEFL exams is required for programs taught in English
- Programs taught in Italian also require a B2 level language qualification (CELI and CILS exams)
- To complete student visa, passport issuance and other consular procedures
Postgraduate and Master’s Programs requirements
- To have completed any undergraduate degree program
- B2 language proficiency is required for programs taught in English or in Italian
- Master’s or doctoral (PhD) programs must be compatible with the obtained undergraduate program
- Meeting the prerequisites of programs having prerequisites
- All other necessary paperwork such as student visa, passport and translation of bachelor’s degree certificate
Frequently Asked Questions
Which programs are available at The University of Bari Aldo Moro?
University of Bari Aldo Moro offers programs in various fields. These fields include medicine, pharmacy, law, economics, social sciences, engineering, education and humanities. Numerous undergraduate, graduate and doctoral programs are taught in English for international students considering studying at this university.
Is The University of Bari Aldo Moro public or private?
Uniba, or Bari Aldo Moro, is a public university. Located in Bari, in southeastern part of Italy, students studying at this university can have good career opportunities after graduation.
What is the language of instruction at the University of Bari Aldo Moro?
Programs are taught in English or in Italian at the University. All programs have a possibility to study in Italian, while some programs are not available in English language. Every year, the number of students accepted in English programs at the university increases.
Are there dormitory and scholarship opportunities at the University of Bari Aldo Moro?
There are dormitory and scholarship opportunities for international students choosing to study at Bari Aldo Moro. The university has its own dormitory facilities and there are numerous public and private dormitories all around Bari. There is also a scholarship availability for international students in Italy, which helps to cover the cost of living and accommodation.
What is life like in Bari?
Bari is a city situated in the Apulia region of Southeastern Italy. This city with a mild Mediterranean climate has a very unique character with historical buildings, baroque architecture, narrow streets and colorful houses. Bari has a traditional Italian cuisine with various unique flavors such as Orecchiette, Panzerotti and Calzoni.