Established in 1868, the Ca’ Foscari University of Venice was the first business school to be established in Italy. With a total of 23,000 enrolled students, 1,300 professors teaching permanently, 6 libraries, 1 language center and more than 700 exchange programs, the University of Venice (Unive) is one of the main educational institutions of Italy for those who want to study undergraduate and graduate programs.
Università Ca’ Foscari – Unive offers 4 majors. These are: Economics, Western Languages and Literature, Humanities and Natural Sciences. These fields are divided into 8 departments in total. Ca’ Foscari University of Venice offers its students an opportunity to do joint programs and double majors and guides them to develop themselves and enter the business life.
Famous graduates of Ca’ Foscari include billionaire businessmen Giuseppe De’Longhi and opera director Damiano Michieletto. Ca’ Foscari also has a dedicated alumni website, where alumni have profiles where they can make career contacts and communicate with their university friends through messaging services.
You can also check our article about “IUAV University of Venice“.
Where is Ca’ Foscari University of Venice (Unive) Located?
The Ca’ Foscari University of Venice is located in the famous city of Venice in Italy. It has a building where its main courses are taught, as well as classrooms spread all around the city. Venice is the capital of the Veneto region in northeastern part of Italy. People get around the city on foot or by boat in this city.
You can also take a look at our article about “Cities to Visit in Italy” on the subject.
Student Life at the Ca’ Foscari University of Venice
At the Ca’ Foscari University of Venice, students are encouraged to participate in various sports activities and are involved in social life through student associations. Living in a campus located in the center of Venice makes student life much more active than the facilities within the school.
Venice, where many cultural events are organized, students from Italy and other nationalities who come to study in the city find the opportunity to mingle and discover different cultures. Students spend time in the Spritz, an important square in Venice, and taste Italy’s world-famous dishes in the restaurants here.
Enjoy culture and entertainment with Ca’ Foscari University of Venice.
Ca’ Foscari plays a central role in the cultural life of the city from the Ca’ Foscari Theater to the Ca’ Foscari Short Film Festival, from Incroci di Civiltà, an international literary festival attracting the biggest names in contemporary writing from all around the world, to Ca’ Foscari Art Night, the first European film festival run entirely by enrolled students and exhibitions all over the city.
Students can also participate in the Jazz Festival, exhibitions and educational courses, after-school activities, projects designed and realized by students and the Cultural Flow Zone Ca’ Foscari Zattere, with more than 370 spaces for rest, reading, study and book consultations.
Place in the World Rankings | Ca’ Foscari University of Venice
According to recent studies, the University has won more Marie Curie grants than any other Italian educational institution and is ranked among the top universities of the world in different fields. According to the 2021 QS World Rankings subject rankings, Venice Ca’ Foscari is ranked in the top 100 in Modern Languages, the top 150 in History, the top 200 in Geography, the top 200 in Linguistic Sciences and the top 250 in Accounting and Finance also 130th in the world in Humanities and 3rd in Italy.
Check also our article about “Italian Universities in the Top 500“.
Departments of Ca’ Foscari University of Venice
- Business Administration
- Economics and Business
- Digital Management
- Philosophy, International and Economic Studies
Master’s Programs taught in English (2 Years)
- Comparative International Relations
- Computer Science
- Conservation Science and Technology for Cultural Heritage
- Economics and Finance
- Environmental Sciences
- European, American and Postcolonial Language and Literature
- Global Development and Entrepreneurship
- Language Sciences
- Science and Technology of Bio and Nanomaterials
- Sustainable Chemistry and Technologies
- Economics and Management of Arts and Cultural Activities – Arts and Management
Professional Master’s Programs in English (1 Year)
- Didactics and Promotion of Italian Language and Culture to Foreigners
- Professional Psychomotor Therapist
- Teaching Foreign Languages
- Translation and Interpreting Theory and Techniques
- Advanced Planning for Teaching Italian Language and Culture to Foreigners
- Aviation Management
- Economics and Languages of Eastern Europe
- Global Business Japan
- Global Economics and Social Affairs
- Luxury Customer Advisor
- Strategic Social Innovation Management
- Sustainable Real Estate
- Strategic Studies and International Security
- Analysis and Evaluation of Public Policies
- Labor and Social Security Law
- Immigration: Migratory Phenomena and Social Change –
- International Master on Aging
- Innovation and Organizational Development for Healthcare Facilities
- Health Economics and Management
- Gender Studies and Social Change
- public administration
- International Business, Arbitration and Tax Law
- International Master in Economics and Finance
- Creative Development and Management of Cultural Activities
- Fashion Design and Management
- Fine Arts in Filmmaking –
- Food and Wine Culture. Promoting Made in Italy Excellence
- Sport Business Strategies
- Yoga Studies: Body and Meditation in Asian Traditions
- Management for Digital Publishing
- Management of Cultural Assets and Activities
- Administration and Management of Wildlife
- Corporate and Regional Environmental and Energy Assessment and Management
- Corporate Sustainable Management
- Environmental and Land Law
- Science and Techniques of Prevention and Safety
- Characterization and Remediation of Contaminated Sites
- Climate Change Science and Management
Tuition Fees | University of Venice Ca’ Foscari
Fees at Ca’ Foscari University of Venice are generally similar. Bachelor’s programs cost €1,900 per year, with the only the Digital Management program costing €7,500 per year. On the other hand master’s programs cost €2,100 per year.
Additionally, university students can choose from a variety of full or discounted menus, including vegetarian and dietary meals at discounted prices and use the university canteen.
Accommodation Facilities at Ca’ Foscari University of Venice
The housing placement office of university helps students to find accommodation that fits their budget, whether it is a dormitory room, apartment, hotel or by contacting real estate agencies. Accommodation costs between €200 and €400 per month. As Venice is a tourist city, prices may vary. You can contact us by filling out our application form. Pava Education will help you with all your scholarship, accommodation, departure and application procedures, you can contact us immediately.
You can also check our article about “Accommodation in Italy“.
What are the Application and Admission Requirements at Ca’ Foscari University of Venice?
Undergraduate degree program requirements
- Completion of the 12 years of education
- Having exceeded the minimum score in the university entrance exam
- B2 level language proficiency on IELTS or TOEFL exams is required for programs taught in English
- Programs taught in Italian also require a B2 level language qualification (CELI and CILS exams)
- To complete student visa, passport issuance and other consular procedures
Postgraduate and Master’s Programs requirements
- To have completed any undergraduate degree program
- B2 language proficiency is required for programs taught in English or in Italian
- Master’s or doctoral (PhD) programs must be compatible with the obtained undergraduate program
- Meeting the prerequisites of programs having prerequisites
- All other necessary paperwork such as student visa, passport and translation of bachelor’s degree certificate
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Ca’ Foscari University of Venice (Unive) public or private?
Ca’ Foscari University of Venice is a public university. This university located in Venice, one of the most beautiful cities in Italy, offers programs in various different fields.
Which departments are offered at Ca’ Foscari University of Venice?
Venice Ca’ Foscari – Unive offers bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral programs in wide range of disciplines, including Economics, Business Administration, Law, Political Science, Art History, Humanities and Social Sciences also Philosophy and Psychology.
Where is Ca’ Foscari University of Venice located and how to get there?
Located in Venice, this university has three different campuses: San Giobbe, Santa Marta and Dorsoduro. It is possible to get to the university by vaporetto a water taxi or ferry, a nostalgic way of getting around by using canals of transportation of Venice.
Are there any scholarships opportunities at Ca’ Foscari University of Venice?
International students who will study at Ca’ Foscari University and throughout Italy can benefit from the scholarship opportunities provided by the Italian state. Factors as the student’s family income are evaluated in applications made before the start of the academic year.
How much does it cost to live in Venice?
The cost of living in Venice is generally higher than in other cities of Italy. Costs can vary depending on lifestyle, type of accommodation and personal expenses. The cost of living in Venice can be estimated at 1000 to 1300 euros per month.