Luiss University, also known as “The Libera Università Internazionale degli Studi Sociali ‘Guido Carli‘”, was founded in Rome in 1974 by Umberto Agnelli and his team, separating from Pro Deo University which was established in 1966.
Being a private university, Luiss University stands out in the field of Social Sciences education. The primary purpose of the University is to fulfill the requirements of qualified employees in the economic field by training competent people in the field of social sciences such as business and economics.
Luiss Guido Carli University has about 10,000 enrolled students and accepts more than 1500 students every year. At Luiss University, where the quality of education is very high, there are only 7 students per professor. The employment rate of graduates within the first year of graduation is 90%. Luiss University, which is especially popular among students interested in management sciences and economics, prepares managers who are experts in their own fields.
Pava Education, which is the official representative of Luiss University in Turkey, we provide free consultancy services to students who want to share the same goals with us and who want to obtain their education at Luiss University, do not forget to fill out our application form.
Where is Luiss Guido Carli University Located?
Luiss Guido Carli University is situated in Rome, in the capital of Italy. The University attracts attention with its historical buildings located in 5 different campuses.
Rome, which has many historical and touristic places to visit, is a popular destination for tourists who want to spend a exiting and culturally satisfying time. The Colosseum, the Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain, the Roman Forum and many other historical beauties this city creates a great opportunity for everyone and makes the life enjoyable.
Also, don’t forget to take a look at our related article about “Cities to Visit in Italy“!
What is the World Ranking of Luiss University?
Luiss University is one of the leading private Universities in management and social sciences area. According to the QS World University Ranking by Subject of 2020 list, which ranks the best schools worldwide:
- It is in between 51 and 100 range in Policy education.
- According to the Impact Rankings: Climate action data of 2020 of The World University Rankings (THE), it was shown between 101 and 200.
- It is in the range between 151 and 200 in business and management studies.
- It is ranked between 151 and 200 in law and legal studies.
- It falls between positions 201 and 250 in the accounting and financial areas.
- In the area of economics and econometrics, it is rated between 251 and 300.
- It ranks 269th in social sciences management.
Additionally, you can review our article “Top 500 Italian Universities” .
Where Luiss University Makes a Difference in its Approach to Education?
- Placement to the University by entrance exam
- Mandatory full time attendance at classes
- High level academic and professional experience instructors
- The University library has comprehensive and specialty material base that is available online.
- A wide network of international exchange programs with 197 universities in 39 various countries, inside and outside of Europe
- Support and assistance from expert lecturers throughout the undergraduate programs and internship
Famous People Who Graduated from Luiss University | Libera Università Internazionale degli Studi Sociali Guido Carli
Most successful and famous alumni of Luiss University include:
- Elisabetta Belloni (Secretary General of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs)
- Luca Maestri (Apple, Vice President)
- Concetta Brescia Morra (Law professor, SSM Board Member)
- Riccardo Zacconi (King, CEO)
- Maurizio Lauri (Chairman of UniCredit Board of Auditors)
- Massimo Moratti (Saras, President, INTER Football Team President)
- Rosy Bindi (Minister of Health of Italy)
- Rossella Sensi (Roma Football Team President)
Companies in cooperation with Luiss University | LUISS Guido Carli University
What differentiates Luiss from other Universities is its privileged relationship with the world of business. More than 200 companies and multinational corporations, public and private organizations are in collaboration with the University, offering undergraduate candidates and recent graduates their first opportunity to step into the job market. The Luiss Placement and Career Education Office offers students numerous opportunities to meet and learn alongside people in the business world. This orientation and training service facilitates the placement of degree candidates and recent graduates in the job market through internships and training in companies, public and private institutions. It also organizes recurring meetings and presentations with prominent multinational corporations, investment banks also public and private organizations and institutions.
Fox Network Group, United Colors of Benetton, Rosewood Castiglione del Bosco, IBM, Johnson & Johnson, Lungarno Collection, Hertz, NH Hotel Group, Tempur Sealy, NTV Nuovo Trasporto Viaggiatori, Jaguar Land Rover Pellicano Hotels, Poste Italiane, Sas, UNA Hotels & Resorts, MAG – JLT, Mossi 1958 and Wind are number of the companies that LUISS University collaborates with.
Student Life | What is life like in Rome?
LUISS Guido Carli University or Luiss University is the University where students can easily socialize and improve themselves in the process of learning. Thanks to activities such as exhibitions, concerts, film screenings, photography, poetry, theater, art, music workshops, students enjoy life in campus and have the opportunity to participate in cultural events even inside their own university in Rome, in the capital of art.
Rome, where the University is situated is very satisfying city in terms of history, tourism and entertainment activities. In this city where every student can find an activity in their own interest area, students might live an active and enjoyable student life. Hosting many famous historical buildings such as the Roman Forum, the Colosseum, the Spanish Steps and Trevi Fountain, Rome is almost an open air museum city. Especially for students who are interested in historical buildings and museums, there are wide range of activity opportunities in the city and there is also a discount for students who want to visit the museums in the city.
Also, do not forget to take a look at our article about “Life in Rome“
Employment Rate | Luiss University
Careers team of Luiss University helps students to find or apply for internships and job opportunities, learn more about potential recruiters through job profiles, access specialized tips and advices and register for career fairs and company presentations.
The acceptance duration of students after graduation from this University to a job is 2.3 months. This duration ensures that the Luiss University graduate can enter the job market in a short period of time.
In addition, the University has a “Career Counseling Team” for students who is in need of advice, which can help them identify next steps and explore possible options.
You can also check our article about “job opportunities after graduation in Italy“.
Departments at Luiss University
Undergraduate Programs taught in English
Luiss University is basically divided into four various undergraduate degree majors. Law, Business and Management, Economics and Finance and Political Sciences all of which are taught in English and in Italian.
- Economics and Business
- Major Economics
- Major Finance
- Major Management
- Political Science
- Major Politics, Philosophy and Economics
- Business and Management
- Management and Computer Science
Master’s Degrees taught in English
- Corporate Finance
- Economia e Finanza
- Major Economics
- Major Finance
- Honors Program RoME (Rome Master in Economics )
- Major Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- Major International Management
- Major Luxury, Fashion and Made in Italy
- Major Marketing Analytics & Metrics
- Major Market Relationship & Customer Engagement
- Global Management and Politics (taught in English)
- Law, Digital Innovation and Sustainability (taught in English)
- Major Digitalization
- Major Sustainability
- International Relations (taught in English)
- Major Diplomacy
- Major Mediterranean Governance
- Major Security
- Policies and Governance in Europe (taught in English)
- Major Cultural Heritage Policies
- Major Economic Governance and Market Regulations
You can also check our articles for more information about “University Education in Italy (Bachelor’s Degree)” and “Postgraduate Study in Italy“.
Admission Requirements of Luiss University
The requirements for students who wish to study at Luiss University are as follows:
- Completion of 12 years of high school education.
- To have passed the University entrance exam threshold or to be a university student in the year in which the application will be submitted.
- Students having EU citizenship are required to take and pass the entrance exam of the department they chose to study. Students without European citizenship (non-EU citizens) are not obliged to take the entrance exam.
- Italian language proficiency at the B2 level is required for students who desire to study in this language.
- Depending on the department applied, a reference letter and a letter of intent are also required.
Tuition Fees for Luiss University
Luiss University tuition fees may vary for 3 year undergraduate degrees and 2 year master’s degrees. The 3 year undergraduate degree program in the fields of Economics, Management, Finance, Management and Computer Science, Politics, Philosophy and Economics requires a payment of an annual tuition fee of €11,300.
The 2 year master’s degree programs in the fields of Economics and Finance, Corporate Finance, Global Management and Politics, Marketing Analytics and Metrics, Market Relationship and Customer Engagement, Diplomacy, Cultural Heritage Policies, Sustainability, etc., require an annual tuition fee of €12,300. Tuition fees are possible to pay in three installments.
Dormitory and Scholarship Opportunities at Luiss University
Luiss University offers more than 40 different scholarships for international students. These scholarships are awarded according to the success obtained by students.
In addition to scholarships for students with financial difficulties, for female students and for outstanding students, there are also different scholarship opportunities in different fields.
Luiss University offers its students different options of accommodation. The University has its own accommodation buildings in five different locations. These dormitories, which serve at different prices, are in high demand among students. There are also private dorms contracted for accommodating students of Luiss University. The University, which also has agreements with real estate agents that students who want to rent a house are directed, provides a wide range of services in terms of student housing.
Please read our articles about “Accommodation in Italy” and “Scholarship Opportunities in Italy” for more information.
Pava Education, as the official representative of Luiss University in Turkey, we provide free consultancy services to students who want to share the same goals and who want to complete their education at Luiss University, do not forget to fill out our application form.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Luiss University (LUISS Guido Carli University) public or private?
Luiss University is a private university. This private university offers programs in fields of Law, Business and Management, Economics and Finance and Political Science. This University accepts many international students and is situated in a unique location such as the city of Rome.
How much does Luiss University cost?
Luiss Guido Carli University has an annual fee of 11,300 euros for undergraduate programs and 12,300 euros for postgraduate and master’s programs. This University offers its students a very special education in very prestigious location, which is optimal compared to private universities in Europe and all around the world.
Is it expensive to live in Rome and how much does it cost to live and stay in Rome?
Life in Rome might be a bit expensive compared to other Italian cities. In Rome, where the average cost of living, including also accommodation costs is between 1,000 and 1,200 Euros per month and students can easily make a living with alternative income such as scholarships and low-cost accommodation options.
What are the dormitory and scholarship opportunities at Luiss Guido Carli University?
Students who wish to study in any undergraduate or postgraduate program at Luiss University have the opportunity to benefit from both the University dormitory and numerous private dormitories all around the Rome. In addition, depending on their family income, students will also be able to benefit from the scholarship opportunities offered to international students in Italy.
What is the language of instruction at Luiss University?
Luiss University offers programs in English and in Italian. Students studying in programs taught in English at the University can also take the opportunity to learn Italian language. Students who graduate from this prestigious university in Rome start their careers with a qualified degree.
Which programs are available at LUISS Guido Carli University?
The University offers programs in Business Administration, Economics, Law, Finance and Political Sciences. Some of the English taught programs at the University are as follows;
- Economics and Business
- Political Science
- Business & Management
- Global Management and Politics
- Law, Digital Innovation and Sustainability
- International Relations
- Policies and Governance in Europe