You can study master’s in fashion design in Italy entirely in English in Italy, which is considered the heart of fashion. Many schools, which carry reputation as the best fashion schools in the world, are located in Italy. Graduate schools providing fashion design education are located in the art and fashion icon cities of Italy such as Milan, Rome, Venice, Florence and Turin. Among these schools, especially NABA, DOMUS ACADEMY, MARANGONI are considered as the best fashion schools in the world.
The duration of courses ranges from 4-week courses to 1-year and 2-year master’s programs. Some programs allow you to study master’s in both fields.
These schools cooperate with world-famous companies. In this way, you can get the chance to work in these companies with the studies you will do during your education.
You can check our “Fashion Design Programs in Italy” article.
Requirements for Master’s in Fashion Design in Italy
The acceptance conditions of schools that provide fashion design education in Italy differ from each other. Usually;
- English language certificate at least B1 level
- Undergraduate diploma related to the field you want to study
- An “Artistic Statement” in which you describe your work
The above conditions are the general conditions these schools are looking for. Master’s in fashion design in Italy schools can look for requirements that differ based on school in student admission.
You can check our “Requirements to Study University in Italy” article.
Master’s Programs in Fashion Design in Italy
Master’s Programs in Fashion Design in Italy are quite large.
- Fashion and Textile Design
- Interior Design
- Product Design
- Communication Design
- Visual Arts and Curatorial Studies
- Photography and Visual Design
- Contemporary Art Markets
- Creative Advertising
- Interior and Living Design
- Urban Vision and Architectural Design
- Interaction Design
- Service Design
- Visual Brand Design
- Fashion Management
- Fashion Styling and Visual Merchandising
- Business Design
- Luxury Brand Management
- Graphic Design
- Design – Innovation, Strategy and Product
- Transportation Design
- Fashion Communication and Styling
- Fashion Marketing
- Jewellery Design
- Fashion Business
- Brand Management and Communication
- Brand Design and Management – Food, Wine, Tourism
- Business for Arts and Culture
- Curatorial Practice
- Arts Management
- Fashion Styling, Photography Intensive
- Fashion Business & Marketing Intensive
- Accessories Design Intensive
- Fashion Promotion & Communication Intensive
- Interior Design Intensive
- Fashion Design Womenswear
- Fashion & Luxury Brand Management
- Fashion Promotion, Communication & Media
- Fashion Design Menswear
- Fashion Styling, Photography & Film
- Contemporary Fashion Buying
- Fashion Product Management
- Fashion Start-up
- Luxury Accessories Design & Management
- Contemporary Interior Design
- Fine Jewelry Design
- Surface & Textile Design
- Contemporary Furniture Design
- Lighting Design
- Exhibit Design
- Car Design
- Design Management In Partnership With Macromedia University
- Digital Imaging
Schools Providing Master’s in Fashion Design in Italy
- IED (Istituo Europeo Di Design)
- NABA (Nuova Accademia Di Belle Arti Milano)
- Domus Academy
- POLIMODA International Institute Fashion Design & Marketing
- Istituto Marangoni
- Scuola Politecnica Di Design
- Istituto Superiore Di Design
- Milan Fashion Institute
- Accademia italiana
Moreover, you can read our “Best Fashion Design Schools in Italy” article.
Industrial Design Schools in Italy
You can study design in many different areas within the Italian fashion design schools. One of them is industrial design programs. There are a wide range of training programs, from summer courses to 1-year courses.
Fashion Design Course in Italy
Italian fashion schools provide short-term courses as well as master’s education. There are many fashion design programs, from short-term summer courses to 6-month courses. You can also contact our team for a prestigious fashion design training in Italy.
Tuition Fees for Fashion Design Education in Italy
The annual tuition fees of the universities that provide master’s in fashion design in Italy vary between 8,000-33,000 Euros. These prices vary depending on criteria such as the school you will study and the duration of education.
- NABA (16.500 Euros per year for 2-year programs, 17.950 for 1-year programs)
- DOMUS ACADEMY (28.600 Euro)
- IED (18.900 Euro)
- MARANGONI (28.320 Euros per year for 2-year programs, 33.600 Euros for 1-year programs)
- POLIMODA (9-month programs 28.000 Euros, 4-week programs 4.000 Euros)
- SCUOLA POLITECNICO DI DESIGN (16.400 Euros per year for 2-year programs, 11.400 Euros for 1-year programs)
- ISTITUTO SUPERIORE DI DESIGN (18.900 Euro)
- MILANO FASHION INSTITUTE (15.800 Euro)
- ACCADEMIA ITALIANA (8.300 Euro)
The above prices are for the year 2020. It will be updated with changes regarding fees.