General Information About Rome Tre University
Roma Tre University is a public university with approximately 40,000 students, founded in 1992 as Terza Università degli Studi di Roma (Third Rome University) with the idea of “a young university for young people”. Founded at the request of several professors from the Sapienza University of Rome, the University of Rome III– the third state university established in Rome, has grown in a very short time. So much so that it is currently the second most applied university in Rome and one of the largest research institutions in the country. According to the annual ranking of large-scale universities (between 20,000 and 40,000) by CENSIS, which evaluates Italian universities, Rome Tre always succeeds to rank among the top 5% by being at the top.
UNIROMA3 strictly follows values that are promoting and organizing high-quality international research, the development and dissemination of knowledge, environmental protection, principles of international solidarity, gender equality, and the assessment and recognition of merit. The University has restored old buildings and school buildings, converted them into study and research facilities and incorporated them into the surrounding area. The most successful and popular department of the university is Humanities. This is followed by the Department of Architecture, and more recently, Economics, Law and Political Science.
Where is Rome Tre University?
Located right next to the Tiber River, Roma Tre University is an Italian public research university with its main campus in the Ostiense district.
With a population of about 3 million, Rome is the capital of Italy and the Lazio region, as well as the country’s largest and most populous city. It’s located in the midwestern part of the Italian peninsula at the confluence of the Aniene River with the Tiber. Rome has been the Caput Mundi (Capital of the World), la Città Eterna (Eternal City), Limen Apostolorum (Threshold of the Apostles), la città dei sette colli (City of Seven Hills), or simply l’Urbe (City), and for centuries has been the center of Western civilization. The Vatican, the seat of the Catholic Church, is a residential area of Rome.
A modern and cosmopolitan city, Rome is the third most visited tourist destination in the EU and a city of cultural and political importance. It is home to the headquarters of three of the world’s top 100 companies (Enel, ENI, Telecom Italia) as well as the headquarters of the vast majority of large Italian companies.
Rome is one of the few major European cities that survived World War II relatively unscathed, and it continues to retain its Renaissance and Baroque character. The Historic Center of Rome was added to the World Heritage List by UNESCO in 1980.
You can also check out our article “Cities to Visit in Italy “.
Rome Tre University World Rankings
- Roma Tre University ranks 689th according to CWUR World University Rankings 2020-2021 data,
- According to the Times Higher Education (THE) World University Rankings 2021 data, it was shown in the range of 601-800, in the Young University Rankings 2020 it was shown in the range of 101-150, and in the European Teaching Rankings 2018 it was shown in the range of 151-200.
- Università degli studi Roma Tre QS Global World Ranking 2021 has been shown in the range of 801-1000.
- It is ranked 845th according to 4icu World University Rankings 2020.
- In addition, according to the QS World University Rankings by Subject 2020 data, the Earth and Marine Sciences and Architecture Department ranked in the range of 151-200, Law and Legal Sciences 200-250, Modern Languages 250-300, Arts and Humanities 316, Physics & Astronomy, Economics and Econometrics and Engineering – Electrical and Electronic 351-400, Computer Science and Information Systems, and Natural Sciences 401-450.
Additionally, you can review our article “Top 500 Italian Universities” .
Notable Alumni of the University of Rome Tre
Famous people who graduated from Rome Tre University:
- Alessandro Di Battista (Politician)
- Andrea Alù (Research professor)
- Virginia Raggi (Attorney)
- Andrea Riccardi (Historian)
- Cinzia Giorgio (Author)
- Mariella Gittler (TV presenter)
- Greta Scarano (Actress)
- Noemi (Singer and songwriter)
Student Life at Roma Tre University
Students coming to Italy should be open to innovations. It is recommended that you take knowledge and language courses that will allow you to learn more about Italian life, culture, history and literature. Owning 16% of the world’s cultural treasures and 70% of the cultural treasures in Italy, Rome also draws attention with its large student population. With its centuries-old traditions, cuisine, culture and history, Rome is one of the cities that students most want to go to.
One of the main things that students must consider is living expenses. Many students eat at university canteens which provide meals at low prices. At Rome Tre University, students of the Department of Architecture and Education can also use some of the canteens at the Sapienza University of Rome.
Roma Tre University encourages actions aimed at improving environmental quality, above all by promoting the use of public transport and the use of alternative means of transport to traditional private transport. The main initiatives taken by the office during these years are: electric car sharing, the creation of a policy of reductions in annual Meterbus fares, bike-sharing, agreements with Trenitalia and Italo Treno for rail discounts.
In the sports and entertainment category of the university: There is the Palladium Theatre, various sports, the Italian Naval League, the Roma Tre radio and the Roma Tre orchestra.
For details, read our article ” Life in Rome “.
Rome Tre University Departments
The University of Rome Tre incorporates multilingual education. It has many sections in English, French, German, Portuguese, Spanish and Russian languages, especially Italian. Below you can find the Bachelor’s and Master’s courses in English:
English Undergraduate Programs
- Legal Services
- Foreign languages and cultures
- Science Architecture
- Law (5-6 years)
English Master’s Degrees
- Field and Natural Resources Geology
- International Studies
- International Relations
- Film, Television and Multimedia Production
- History and Societies
- Languages and literatures for teaching and translation
- Literature and Intercultural translation
- Languages and literatures for Intercultural communication
- Modern languages for Intercultural communication
- Electronic engineering for industry and innovation
- Biomedical engineering
- Communication and information technology engineering
- Road infrastructures and transport engineering
- Pedagogy, Adults’ Education and Long-Life Learning
- Environment and Development Economics
- Finance and business
- Economics and Management
- Finance and business
- Master of Science – Architecture
- Master of Science – Restoration
- Master of Science – Urban Design
For detailed information about the education process and application requirements in Italy, you can get more detailed information from our ” Undergraduate Education in Italy ” and ” Postgraduate Education in Italy “.
Rome Tre University Tuition Fees
Rome Tre University tuition costs are calculated based on family income and the student’s country of origin. Fees range from 150 € to 3500 €.
Do not forget to fill in our application form in order to benefit from the opportunity to study under the most suitable conditions for your principles and to benefit from reasonable prices.
Italy is one of the countries that offer the most scholarship opportunities in Europe. Scholarship opportunities vary depending on the university and department you are applying to. In Italy, each region grants scholarships according to the rules it determines. These scholarships vary according to family income, success and personal income of students.
For more detailed information, you can visit the University Fees and Scholarships page in Italy.
Roma Tre University Dormitory and Accommodation Facilities
It’s advised to apply early to find a place at the Roma Tre University residence hall. In terms of finding a place to stay, besides the university dormitory, you have many options such as private dormitories, rooms for 1-5 people, apartments, residences and hotels. You can also contact Pava Education to benefit from suitable education, accommodation, scholarships and other opportunities.
You can check our article “ Accommodation in Italy ” for details.
PAVA education offers professional consultancy services for students who want to step into a successful career in this field with a university education in Italy. If you want to study at a university in Italy, you can fill out our application form and Pava Education’s expert advisors will contact you as soon as possible.