Politecnico di Torino was founded in 1859; it’s especially renowned globally for architecture and engineering. It’s one of the oldest technical universities in Italy, providing education in fields such as industrial product design. Although it was officially established in the 20th century, the history of the university dates back to ancient times.
The university, which has the Valentino Castle today, started to lay its foundations in 1859 by hosting the Technical School of Engineers. For more than 150 years, the Politecnico di Torino has been one of the most prestigious public institutions in architecture and engineering, education, research, and technology, both internationally and at the Italian level.
It is also an international research university in Italy and Europe, attracting students from more than 100 countries and conducting approximately 800 collaborations each year with industries, public institutions and local organisations.
In addition, the university began to move itself to very different positions at the beginning of the 20th century. It strengthens its relations with both the European science world and local and national industries and provides students with the opportunity to study the latest technologies with new laboratories focusing on subject matters like chemistry and architecture. University students receive education far beyond technical knowledge and can manage the interdisciplinary nature of today’s science world without forgetting the social, ethical, economic and environmental impact.
In addition, the university carries out a sustainable campus project. It aims to increase the awareness of individuals for a more sustainable future. It changes the awareness of social roles in society.
Moreover, you can review our article “Top Technical Universities in Italy”
Where is Politecnico di Torino?
Politecnico di Turin is located in Turin, the capital of the Piedmont Region in Northern Italy and the largest industrial region in Italy. The city is also the automobile capital of the country; world-famous automobile companies are based here.
In addition, you can take a look at our article on “University of Turin”.
Politecnico di Torino Student Life
Within the scope of international mobility, the university hosts many students throughout the year. Therefore, students receive education in a social student environment with cultural diversity. Acquaintance events are organized by the university societies every year.
Turin, like many cities in Italy, is rich in historical heritage. There are various museums and historical buildings to visit in the city. Turin also offers students the opportunity to visit easily accessible places outside the city, as it is close to the French border.
Place in the Politecnico di Torino World Rankings
- Turin Polytechnic Universitys QS World University Ranking 2021 is 308.
- Ranked 111-120 in the QS Graduate Employability Ranking.
- According to the QS World University Rankings by Subject 2020 data, the Engineering – Petroleum ranking is 14.
- It is in the range of 51-100 in the field of computer engineering in the QS 2021 World University Rankings.
- According to CWUR 2020-21 data, the rank of Polytechnic University of Turin is 590.
- According to The World University Rankings 2021 data, it is 501-600 in the world and 101-125 in Europe. is in line.
- It was ranked 88th according to THE University Impact Rankings: Climate action 2020.
Don’t forget to review our article on the “Top 500 Italian Universities”.
Politecnico di Torino Departments
English Undergraduate Programs
- Mechanical Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Automotive Engineering
- Electronic and Communications Engineering
Department of Architecture (Architecture)
Turin Polytechnic University’s Architecture Undergraduate Program was created as a result of the process of rationalizing the educational opportunities offered in the two pre-existing Faculty of Architecture programs at Politecnico in the 2010/11 Academic Year.
This Architecture education program lasts for three years. It focuses on the application of architectural design in a variety of ways, both humanist and disciplined. Traditionally structured courses include laboratories and workshops that provide opportunities for the practical application of theoretical learning. In the first year, students will see courses in math, history, technology, design and English.
The main purpose of this undergraduate education is to graduate its students with quality. In addition, some of the skills he wants to teach his students are:
- An ability to use this knowledge to interpret and describe problems in the field of architecture, building history and construction with adequate knowledge of the methodological aspects of mathematics and other fundamental sciences.
- Adequate knowledge of methodologies and procedures related to the fields of the study program and the ability to identify and solve architectural problems using methods and tools.
- Adequate knowledge of cost calculations, the safety of architectural and civil works related to the production and creation processes
- Ability to use architectural design and construction techniques and tools
- Ability to communicate effectively in written and oral form in at least one European Union language other than Italian.
Politecnico di Torino Department of Architecture: Three-year graduates will be able to provide consultancy services in various fields by contributing to the organization of constructions, planning, design and implementation of activities.
Beyond private practice and consulting services, they can also present their talents in public and private companies, architecture and engineering firms, industry industries and construction companies.
Moreover you can read our topics Undergraduate Study in Italy and Postgraduate Study in Italy
English Master’s Degrees
- Architecture Construction City
- Architecture for the Sustainability Design
- Territorial, Urban, Environmental and Landscape Planning
- Automotive Engineering
- Communications and Computer Networks Engineering
- Data Science and Engineering
- Ict for Smart Societies
- Civil Engineering
- Electronic Engineering
- Energy and Nuclear Engineering
- Engineering and Management
- Computer Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Environmental and Land Engineering
- Mechatronic Engineering
- Nanotechnologies for Icts
- Petroleum and Mining Engineering
- Physics of Complex Systems
Admission Requirements to Politecnico di Torino
Politecnico di Torino undergraduate courses are for 3 years. High school diploma for admission and IELTS, or in internationally recognized exams such as TOEFL, certain scores are required and it is necessary to pass the TIL-I exam. Master’s departments are for 2 years. For admission, graduation from the relevant department and proficiency in certain scores in internationally validated exams such as IELTS or TOEFL is required.
You can read our article for general information about SAT, TOEFL AND IELTS Exams
Politecnico di Torino Tuition Fees
Politecnico di Torino fees are calculated based on family income and the student’s country of origin. Fees range from 150 € to 3500 €. Italy is one of the countries that offers the most scholarship opportunities in Europe. Scholarship opportunities vary depending on the university and department you are applying for. In Italy, each region grants scholarships according to the rules it determines. These scholarships vary according to family income, success and personal income of students.
You can also check our page: University Fees and Scholarships in Italy
Politecnico di Torino Dormitory and Accommodation Facilities
Politecnico di Torino provides a variety of dormitories for incoming students. There are many alternatives, from single rooms to shared rooms. Since it is a city with a high density of students abroad, it is also possible to find affordable housing.
If you would like to find accommodation in Italy, don’t forget to fill in our application form for more information about the university and let your Italy adventure begin!
For detailed information, you can check our page “Accommodation in Italy”
If you want to study at Politecnico di Torino or any Italian university with a scholarship, you can fill out our application form. After our expert consultants contact you, your applications begin.
Pava Education Contact:https://pavaedu.com/iletisim/