Cattolica University, known as the most important privately funded Catholic university in Europe, was established on December 7, 1921. Despite the university has a more recent establishment date compared to other universities, currently it has reached the capacity of being able to host more than 40 thousand students.
Cattolica University (in Italian “Università Cattolica Del Sacro Cuore” or simply Unicatt) has achieved a highly respected position in Italy with the prominent politicians, jurists, academics, entrepreneurs, journalists and writers it has provided education in its nearly 100 years of history.
The Catholic University of the Sacred Heart (Unicatt) is an educational institution where freedom of thought is widely practiced.
The University contributes to raising awareness of the need to enable each student to develop and achieve his or her full potential with the system of services and subsidized support for its students and their families.
Cattolica University is an educational institution that concerned to provide students with a solid educational curriculum, rather than simply teaching them an understanding of life, and has strong links with renowned companies from the business world.
General Information about the Cattolica University (Unicatt)
The University has become a preferred educational institution because it prepares students for both their personal and professional lives with 12 faculties, 48 professional diploma and specialized training programs, 20 doctoral programs, 35 institutes, 87 research centers and 4 university centers.
The current student body of the Cattolica University is 43,302, with 10,000 graduates annually.
As an institution that supports the research of students, the Cattolica University (Sacred Heard or Unicatt shortly) has allocated over 29 million euros for research in the previous year. 89% of this amount was funded by external organizations and 11% by the University itself. When it comes to research products, the University can boast of 10 university companies and 35 registered patents.
World Rankings of Cattolica University
Graduates of Sacred Heard Cattolica University can easily find jobs in various countries all around the world. The University has ranked in higher positions in various fields.
- According to CWUR data of 2020 to 2021 , the Sacred Heard University of Cattolica is 436th the best in the world.
- It was ranked between 511 and 520 according to the QS World University Ranking of 2021 data,
- According to THE World University Rankings 2020, it was ranked between 501 and 600 globally.
The university hosted more than 400 events on campus in 2018, including workshops of students with employers, one-on-one mentoring sessions and career fairs.
- The Cattolica University is ranked 1st in Italy for employer-student connections with more than 4,000 contracts with employers, including organizations, foundations, associations and companies.
- In accordance with the 2019 Graduate Employment Ranking (a survey that analyzes the world’s top 500 universities based on employability), the Cattolica University was ranked 1st in Italy and 58th in the world among 758 universities surveyed for the active participation of companies on its campuses. Moreover, the University is the fourth the best university in terms of the number of students interviewed by employers.
- In addition, Università Cattolica is in the list of the top 300 universities in 13 special disciplines among 48 fields analyzed by subject in 2019 QS World University Rankings: Theology, Theology and Religious Studies (51 to 100), Medicine, Modern Languages and Law (101 to 150), Agriculture and Forestry, Communication and Media Studies, Economics and Econometrics, Psychology and Accounting and Finance (151 to 200), Business and Management Studies, Sociology (201 to 250) also Education and Linguistics (251 to 300).
You can also check our articles about “Italian Universities in the Top 500” and “The Best Technical Universities in Italy“.
Where is the Cattolica University – Unicatt Located?
The University has numerous campuses in different city although it was based on the campus in Milan,. The Cattolica University also has campuses located in Rome, Brescia and Piacenza.
With its main campus in Milan, almost all campuses are situated in major Italian cities. Each campus is within walking distance from the city center and is easily accessible by metro.
Also, don’t forget to check out our page about “Cities to Visit in Italy”
Student Life at Catholic University of the Sacred Heart
The Cattolica University has the opportunity to bring students together in various parts of Italy and has become an international educational institution with a total of more than 40 thousand students with campuses located in four different cities.
Students studying at campus in Milan can observe the city from the Duomo Cathedral, take plenty of photos at Galleria Vittorio Emanuele and watch an opera event at Teatro Alla Scala.
Those studying at campuses in Rome and other cities are just as lucky as the ones in Milan. All students has an opportunity to explore the historic streets of Italy, visit museums and the Colosseum. Student groups who spent the whole day exploring around can discover the flavors of Italian cuisine in the famous squares of these four cities of Italy and drink the famous coffees or wines if they wish.
Don’t forget to check out our articles about “Making Living as a Student in Italy” and “Job Opportunities after Graduation in Italy“!
Departments of Cattolica University
- Business Management
- Political Science
- International Relations
- Nursing Sciences
- Veterinary Sciences
- Agriculture and Food Sciences
Undergraduate Programs taught in English
- Business Administration
- International Relations
- Political Science
- Economics and Management for Arts, Culture and Communication
- Linguistic and Cultural Mediation
- Communication for International Relations
- International Agricultural and Food Economics
- Global Business and Sustainability
- International Management
- Computer Science and Communication Technologies
- International Health Care Management, Economics and Policy
You can also check our page about ” University Education in Italy (Bachelor’s Degree)”.
Master’s Programs taught in English
The various campuses of the University offer master’s degrees taught in English, which last for two years.
- Business Administration (MBA)
- International Relations
- Data Science for Management
- Corporate Communication
- Economics and Finance
- International Healthcare Management, Economics and Policy
- Food Systems and Management
- Banking and Finance
- Luxury and Fashion Management
- Tourism Management
- Methods and Topics in Art Management
- Actuarial Sciences for Insurance
- Innovation and Technology Management
- The Art and Industry of Narration
- Global Business Management
- Food Processing
- Agricultural and Food Economics
- Healthcare Management
You can also check our page about “Postgraduate Study in Italy“
Tuition Fees at Cattolica University
Fees for resident students in Italy at Cattolica University for undergraduate programs range from €1,800 to €3,500 per year on average. For international students, fees are between €6,000 and €12,000. Annual fees for Italian resident students for master’s programs is in average between €3,500 and €6,500. Same fees for international students is in the range of €9,000 to €16,000.
3,364 students were eligible for registration fee payment exemption and 4014 were eligible for various types of financial support. More than 1,388 students with disabilities were provided with different special services. Around €27.2 million were allocated by the University and EDUCatt to finance payment exemptions of university fees and other forms of financial support.
Scholarships Opportunities at Cattolica University
There are numerous scholarship opportunities for international students throughout Italy. International students may apply for scholarships provided by the Italian government based on their family income. Scholarships, that students receive annually, can cover all expenses related to living and education costs.
Dormitory and Accommodation Facilities | Cattolica University
Cattolica University can be considered a student-friendly university in terms of dormitory and accommodation facility services. The University has 9 colleges and 17 different types of housing opportunities close to the campuses in Milan, Brescia, Piacenza and Rome, with 26 facilities and a total of 1,500 rooms inside these facilities.
For students whoare not willing to stay in dormitory rooms, there are numerous accommodation options around these four cities. Students can either rent a room with someone else or move to a private house. The average accommodation expenses in Milan is between €2,700 and €3,900 per year.
For more information, please visit our page about “Accommodation in Italy“.
What are the Application and Admission Requirements for Cattolica University?
Undergraduate degree program requirements
- Completion of the 12 years of education
- Having exceeded the minimum score in the university entrance exam
- B2 level language proficiency on IELTS or TOEFL exams is required for programs taught in English
- Programs taught in Italian also require a B2 level language qualification (CELI and CILS exams)
- To complete student visa, passport issuance and other consular procedures
For Postgraduate and Master’s Programs
- To have completed any undergraduate degree program
- B2 language proficiency is required for programs taught in English or in Italian
- Master’s or doctoral (PhD) programs must be compatible with the obtained undergraduate program
- Meeting the prerequisites of programs having prerequisites
- All other necessary paperwork such as student visa, passport and translation of bachelor’s degree certificate
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Cattolica University public or private?
Cattolica University is a private university. The university provides wide range of programs taught in English language, such as business administration, economics, political science and psychology. The university accepts many international students every year and prepares them for a prestigious future career.
Does the Cattolica University have Erasmus opportunities (partnership program) with other universities?
Cattolica University offers Erasmus opportunities through partnership programs with many international universities. Students are able to spend a semester or a full education year at different universities abroad. In addition, Cattolica University also offers dual degree programs, whereby students studying in Cattolica can obtain a diploma from both universities.
Are the tuition fees at the University of Cattolica expensive, how much is the annual fee?
Fees for international students for undergraduate programs at Cattolica University range between €6,000 and €12,000 and €9,000 to €16,000 for master’s programs. The variation in fees depends on different factors such as family income, preferred program and language of study.
What job opportunities do Unicatt – Cattolica University graduates have?
Graduates of Cattolica University have career opportunities in business, law, economics, communication and other fields. Leading companies of Italy and prominent international companies offer jobs to qualified students graduated from Cattolica University. In other words, students are in very advantageous position in terms of job opportunities after graduation.
Does Cattolica University have student clubs and activities?
Cattolica University offers a lot of clubs, societies and activities for students. Students can join clubs according to their personal interests, such as music, art, sports and social activities.
Does Cattolica University have programs taught in English language?
Yes, Cattolica University offers programs taught in English. English programs are available in many fields such as business, economics, political science and psychology.
What is the international recognition of Cattolica University?
Cattolica University is one of the most prestigious universities of Italy and an internationally recognized educational institution. According to the QS World University Rankings, Cattolica University is ranked among the top 250 universities worldwide.